Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bunces Bounce Into Action at Phuket Fishing Park

What a great day at the Phuket Fishing Park with Darren and Charlie Bunce. Plenty of fish....some of which I photographed.
 
 Mr Darren Bunce bends into a good pirhana.
 These are fruit eating pirhana...but their mouths are still full of teeth that you would not wish to put your fingers near. Thus the pliers are always at hand. The main problem with these fish is that they can bite through the trace line very easily. We have tried using braid but we seem to hook into much less fish...although they do stay on once hooked. These fish fight like crazy....all over the lake and still mad when they come to the net! Very lively critters!!
 Here's Charlie bending into one of ten fish she caught....pirhana and catfish.
 Here's Charlie with a catfish. None of the fish were particularly big on this trip but we had plenty of action, especially in the afternoon. One little English lad in the swim nearby had the fish of the day with a superb Siamese Carp of about 75lb....which is the biggest carp I've seen from this lake.
 Darren kooked into a carp and enjoyed another great fight from a very lively fish...
 ...not a 75lb monster but still a nice fish of  about 7kg.
It was a definitely a day for the pirhana....we were kept pretty busy with line bites, runs, bits and fish. I think our Buncing Duo managed about 15 between them.

Sadly, that will be my last trip to the lake for this 'season'. We have a number of other adventures planned for next week, which is my final week, but Darren has vowed to get another day at the lake before he returns to chily England....a couple of days after me!!

1 comment:

  1. Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's
    new to me. Anyways, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back frequently!


    Have a look at my website; california state auto insurance

    ReplyDelete